On a separate piece of paper and using the above information,
answer the following questions.
1. How long was the Titanic at sail from the time it first set sail until it finally sank?
2. There were 2227 passengers on board the Titanic at the time that it sank. 14 of the lifeboats held 65
passengers each, 2 were emergency cutters which held 40 people each and 4 were collapsible boards
which held 47 people each. How many people would all of these lifeboats hold?
3. When the Titanic left Queenstown, Ireland, it had 2208 people on board. How many people would
have been without a lifeboat if all the boats were filled to capacity?
4. Only 705 people survived the sinking of the Titanic. How many more people could have been saved?
5. How many more lifeboats were needed to save all people aboard the Titanic?
6. Using the information from this assignment, make a timeline of the journey of the Titanic.
Back to Titanic Home Page